[brlug-general] Hello there rbigelo@sdf.org -- welcome to the Baton Rouge LUG, and..
Dustin Puryear
2017-06-26 13:53:39 UTC
Tell us a little about yourself and how you use Linux, BSD, PHP, or whatever it is that drew you to BRLUG.

Dustin Puryear
CEO & Vision Builder
Direct: 225-304-6402
Tel: 225-706-8414
Fax: 800-613-5731
Web: puryear-it.com
Puryear IT, LLC
Puryear IT, LLC
1779 Government St.
Baton Rouge, LA 70802
IT for the Gulf Coast
Outsourced IT | Fully Managed IT | Professional Services | Office 365
No more servers -- move to the Puryear Cloud

2017 Honoree of the MSP 501: The Ultimate Guide to the World's Best MSPs
2016 Honoree of the LSU 100: Fastest Growing Tiger Businesses
2016 Honoree of the MSP 501: The Ultimate Guide to the World's Best MSPs
2014 Honoree of the LSU 100: Fastest Growing Tiger Businesses
2013 Honoree of the LSU 100: Fastest Growing Tiger Businesses
2012 Honoree of the Silicon Bayou 100
James Poche
2017-06-26 21:56:14 UTC
Hoping to learn enough to be able to switch business and personal computing to Linux. Unfortunately I'm finding this extremely difficult. Have been looking for help/instruction and more than willing to hire consultant. I'm unable to find the help I need in BR or New Orleans.
Getting very discouraged.

Jim
Post by Dustin Puryear
Tell us a little about yourself and how you use Linux, BSD, PHP, or whatever it is that drew you to BRLUG.
Dustin Puryear
CEO & Vision Builder
Direct: 225-304-6402
Tel: 225-706-8414
Fax: 800-613-5731
Web: puryear-it.com
<image753000.png>
Dustin Puryear
2017-06-27 12:56:55 UTC
Hi James!

Well, ask away. What services/software are you trying to move from Windows to Linux? Accounting? File sharing?
 ? Maybe we can help in BRLUG.

On Jun 26, 2017, at 8:53 AM, Dustin Puryear <***@puryear-it.com<mailto:***@puryear-it.com>> wrote:
Tell us a little about yourself and how you use Linux, BSD, PHP, or whatever it is that drew you to BRLUG.

Dustin Puryear

CEO & Vision Builder

Direct: 225-304-6402<tel:Direct:%20225-304-6402>

Tel:

225-706-8414<tel:225-706-8414>

Fax:

800-613-5731<tel:800-613-5731>

Web:

puryear-it.com<http://puryear-it.com>

<image753000.png><http://puryear-it.com>

Puryear IT, LLC

1779 Government St.
Baton Rouge, LA 70802<https://www.google.com/maps/place/1779+Government+St.,+Baton+Rouge,+LA+70802>

James Poche
2017-06-27 13:13:43 UTC
I am also disgusted with Apple and would like to move away.
Also trying to escape Quickbooks.
1st concern:
Alternate Accounting Programs
1. NolaPro
This requires mySQL,PHP, and Apache2 Server running in background. I have tried to download and install these programs but am unsuccessful.
2. GnuCash
This program saves files as sqlite3 or HML. Again I would prefer sql but can't download and get installed? Have read several books but their suggestions don't match my Ubuntu screens?..
Thank you for your willingness to help
JAP2

Jim
Post by Dustin Puryear
Hi James!
Well, ask away. What services/software are you trying to move from Windows to Linux? Accounting? File sharing?
 ? Maybe we can help in BRLUG.
Dustin Puryear
CEO & Vision Builder
Direct: 225-304-6402
Tel: 225-706-8414
Fax: 800-613-5731
Web: puryear-it.com
<image890000.png>
Sent: Monday, June 26, 2017 4:56 PM
Hoping to learn enough to be able to switch business and personal computing to Linux. Unfortunately I'm finding this extremely difficult. Have been looking for help/instruction and more than willing to hire consultant. I'm unable to find the help I need in BR or New Orleans.
Getting very discouraged.
Jim
Tell us a little about yourself and how you use Linux, BSD, PHP, or whatever it is that drew you to BRLUG.
Dustin Puryear
CEO & Vision Builder
Direct: 225-304-6402
225-706-8414
800-613-5731
Robert Bigelow
2017-06-27 02:14:31 UTC
My name is Robert Bigelow and I'm an old-school info-geek and
command-liner with a fondness for organizing and structuring data. I
maintain an active presence in Gopher space at
gopher://sdf.org/1/users/rbigelo

My first experience in computing and inter-networking was with a Digital
Equipment VT-52 terminal connected to a PDP. My first job was to format
documents for a printer using SGML (Standard Generalized Markup Language).

I recently exited the Apple-verse and entered the world of open sourcery
by installing Lubuntu 16.04 LTS on a five-year old Lenovo ThinkCentre M90z
all-in-one I purchased from a local computer recycling center.

/\__/\
(='.'=)
(")_(")
[SDF Public Access UNIX System .. est. 1987]
No Pop-Ups | No Banner Ads | No SPAM | No Nonsense
Dustin Puryear